So Tuface recently got chatting with TheNetNg, his very first official interview since his much celebrated wedding to actress Annie Uwana Macaulay.
And in it, he got to talk about his marriage to Annie, his current relationship with his two other baby mamas. His biggest worry during his Dubai wedding to Annie, and how handy a dad he is to his kids.
Excerpts continue after the cut
- At the launch of this year’s Star Trek Concert, on stage you said marriage hasn’t changed you. Hasn’t marriage changed 2face?
Actually it’s the aspect of me being a jolly good fellow that I meant by marriage hasn’t changed me but at least it changed me in the way that now I get to be more responsible, because it is a serious business, it’s not when I was a bachelor that I could just decide after a show to just chill in an hotel and sleep. There was one time that I even made up my mind that I wasn’t getting married.
- So what brought about the change of mind?
I realise say I dey mumu myself (laughs). If you see the person you no fit run from am you go like am die so why you dey run.
- So how often do you keep in touch with your other baby mamas?
As often as necessary.
- But you love children, right?
I often wish it didn’t happen this way, but I can’t regret or make myself feel bad for what has happened. I wish it was different, and I wish I could wake up every morning and see all of them but that’s not the case right now. It’s not easy shuffling here and there to see them. Sometimes for weeks or months I don’t see them. Its not easy but as you lay your bed, so you will lie on it.
- Your wedding was probably the biggest wedding that happened in the last decade or two, did you plan this right from the very go?
- So when all that noise was happening, what was your biggest concern?
- A lot of people said that Annie was the one behind it that she wanted a grand wedding after you had a little one?
They will always say that about the woman. Naturally, they decide everything and so it is natural for people to assume that. It definitely wasn’t going to be a tiny wedding but something not too grand. If they say Annie wanted it to be grand, it’s not true because we already had our plan, budget and the number of people we were going to invite. It just happened that the number quadrupled, I mean even ten times the amount of people we prepared for.
- I see you wearing your wedding band. How does that feel?
- Concerning your former relationships with the other women, what was the most important advice that your parents gave you?
- Before, you used to wake up as a bachelor, but now it is with someone beside you. How do you work around everything with your daughter Isabella having to go to school. Do you drive her to school or help her with her homework and also help out in the kitchen?
Like I said earlier I wish I had more time and opportunities to hang out with my kids. I really do wish I had more time but unfortunately you know because of what I do it’s not always easy, but I try as much as possible to make out time. When I’m around I try as much as possible to be in that part of her life.
- How was the feeling like when you went back for parental approval?
It was excitement but excitement with no surprise. They were excited that we had finally decided to make it official, but they were not surprised because they knew we had been together for a long time although we frequently broke-up and made-up. So, it was excitement without surprise.